- Behavioral Health Care When Americans Need It: Ensuring Parity and Care Integration: Anna Ratzliff, MD, PhD, Director of the Integrated Care Training Program, testified before the UW Senate Committe on Finance on March 30, 2022, highlighting the potential of Collaborative Care to increase access to timely and appropriate behavioral health care.
"A growing psychiatrist shortage and an enormous demand for mental health services" (Association of American Medical Colleges AAMCNEWS, August 9, 2022) includes Anna Ratzliff, MD, PhD, Director of the Integrated Care Training Program, talking about Collaborative Care and the importance of training future psychiatrists to collaborate with their PCP colleagues.
"Here’s how this team seeks to improve access to mental health treatment in Whatcom County" (The Bellingham Herald, May 28, 2022) shows how a clinic in Whatcom County, assisted by the Integrated Care Training Program and the AIMS Center, is using new integrated behavioral health teams. Several clinicians completed the Community-Based Integrated Care Fellowship.
UW Psychiatry's March 4, 2022 Grand Rounds featured Mark Duncan, MD, Co-Medical Director of UW Psychiatry and Addictions Case Conference (UW PACC), sharing the UW PACC model, the evidence behind this model, the impact UW PACC is having across Washington State, and ways UW PACC works with the Collaborative Care Model and beyond.
"Development and Implementation of an Integrated Care Fellowship" (Journal of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, February 3, 2022) reports about the sucess of the Integrated Care Fellowship that is devoted to the professional development of integrated care psychiatrists.
"Longitudinal Faculty Development in Curriculum Design: Our Experience in the Integrated Care Training Program" (Springer, August 28, 2020) describes the opportunity and challenges of creating a new fellowship program in integrated care at the University of Washington.
Continuing Education in Integrated Care: A Perspective From an Early Career Psychiatrist (Psychiatric News, February 28, 2020) features Jacynda Wheeler, DO, who completed the Community-Based Integrated Care Fellowship in 2018, reflecting on the expected and unexpected learning and growth that occured over the fellowship year.
"Reflections on Implementation of Collaborative Care" (Psychiatric News, July 28, 2017) features 2017-2018 Integrated Care Fellows Seeta Patel, MD and Sara Haack, MD, MPH sharing their experiences with collaborative care implementation as part of the fellowship.
“Mental Health video consults ease state providers’ burden” (Health Sciences Newsbeat, August 29, 2016) showcases UW PACC's impact on psychiatric and addictions care, especially in remote, underserved areas of Washington state.
- Listen to the American Psychiatric Association speak with Mark Duncan, MD and Anna Ratzliff, MD, PhD about how the Collaborative Care Model can be used to treat substance use disorders.
- Listen to Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (formerly Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine) president Bob Boland speak with Anna Ratzliff, MD, PhD about her work developing the Integrated Care Pathway.
- The Colville, WA clinic we partnered with to implement collaborative care won the Providence Spokane Region 2018 Innovators Award for their use of the Collaborative Care Model to improve the quality and spectrum of care to their patients.
- Lydia Chwastiak, MD, MPH received the 2017 ACLP Foundation Research Professor Award. Dr. Chwastiak, an ICTP faculty member, works directly with Integrated Care Fellows on implementation of collaborative care.
- Amy Burns, MD received the 2017 Association for Academic Psychiatry (AAP) Memorable Mention Award for her poster presentation "Let's Get Motivated: Skills Acquisition from a Residency MI Seminar." Dr. Burns, an ICTP faculty member, trains Integrated Care Fellows on MI (Motivational Interviewing).
- Anna Ratzliff, MD, PhD received the 2016 Alan Stoudemire Award for Innovation and Excellence in Psychosomatic Medicine from the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (formerly Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine) for her work developing the Integrated Care Pathway.