About Case Conferences
If you have an interesting or challenging patient and would appreciate some input on the case, you can tell our panel of psychiatrists, psychologists, and addictions medicine specialists about your patient. We will have a highly interactive discussion of the case and afterward, provide you with a written summary of recommendations. We strongly encourage all UW PACC participants to take advantage of this feature; case presentations increase the knowledge and skills of all participants in treating patients in their practices experiencing mental health or addictions issues.
Request a Case Conference
To submit a case for the UW PACC series, please complete the case conference form to the best of your ability and knowledge. Please do not include any Patient Health Information (PHI) on your form. The form is intended to assist you in submitting relevant information and to help guide you in presenting the case at the session. You are not required to complete parts of the form that are not relevant to your case.
- Full Case – Submit a full case when you have a specfic patient you want to share information about. This can be a patient you want to get advice about medications, treatment plan, or anything else. It can also be a success story that you want to share with the community. You are not required to answer any of the questions in the form, but the information you submit will be used to create a slide that will be shown during the presentation, so it can help you with your presentation, and provide details that will also help the panel and community provide more targeted advice about the case.
- Clinical Vignette – Submit a Clinical Vignette in any of the following circumstances:
- You have a specific concern about a patient, but not much information about the patient yet, because you haven’t seen them, or haven’t gathered enough information about them
- You have something that you’d like a quick turnaround on (maybe someone you saw earlier in the day, and you have a quick question or series of question, but not enough time to complete the form)
- Clinical Conundrum - Submit a Clinical Conundrum in any of the following circumstances:
- No specific patient, but a general question about a condition or medication
- Questions about a journal article that you recently read
Once you have submitted your completed form, a member of our team will contact you to schedule a date convenient for you to present your case. UW PACC staff will also use the information you have entered to create a slide to be shown during the session.
If you have any concerns or questions about submitting a case, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Watch the 90-second video below for some case presentation tips from the panelists: